The Hug-a-Bear program provides an ongoing supply of teddy bears to local police, fire departments, and other Benton County agencies. These new bears are given to comfort children in traumatic situations.
- Hug-a-Bear supplies teddy bears to the following agencies:
- Benton County Health Department’s ACIST program
- Oregon State Police
- Benton Hospice Service
- Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence (CARDV)
- Benton County Court-Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Community Outreach
- Corvallis Fire Dept. Emergency Medical Services
- Corvallis Police Dept.
- Philomath Fire Dept. Emergency Medical Services
- Oregon State Police (in conjunction with other
- Assistance League chapters in the state)
“I’d like to thank you for the Teddy Bears. They are a very huggable addition to the gift prepared for each child in foster care. We heard wonderful stories about how happy the children were to receive them. The teddy bears went to children that at times are moved multiple times to homes and families they are unfamiliar with. The teddy bears are somthling ‘cuddable’ they can take anywhere they go.”
~ Maria Haroldson, CASA
(Court Appointed Special Advocates) Executive Director
“On behalf of the Corvallis Police Department I want to share our sincere appreciation for the Assistance League of Corvallis’ ongoing and seemingly-endless supply of Hug-a-Bears.
Over the many years of the League’s generous contributions, these bears have provided great comfort to the countless children we have contacted and tried to help through exceptionally traumatic circumstances.
In addition to helping the children, the thoughtful and generous gifts of the Assistance League of Corvallis have been of great assistance to our police officers as the serve the people of our great community.
Thanks to all!”
~Daniel E. Hendrickson, Captain
Community Services Division (Patrol)